Mykonos Attractions Mykonos Beaches Map of Mykonos Sightseeing
The island of Mykonos is a marvellous getaway in the Aegean Sea it is one of the most popular holiday spots in the world. Celebrated for its amazing nightlife and its lively atmosphere, it has become a favourite vacation destination for all types of visitors.
Mykonos Attractions & Sightseeing
During your stay at the Villa Konstantin near Mykonos Town, guests have the opportunity to visit the island’s sites and get acquainted with its rich history. Mykonos Town is the ideal spot for a nonchalant stroll, admiring the whitewashed houses and narrow alleyways, and visiting the Church of Panagia Paraportiani, the famous windmills, and the wonderful museums. Alefkandra, the “Little Venice” of Mykonos, is a picturesque port, packed with quaint tavernas, cafés and bars.
Other sites worth visiting are the Monastery of Panagia Tourlianis in Ano Mera, the 3 Hellenistic Towers and the Well of Giannaros in Platis Gialos, and the Prehistoric ruins in the area of Panormos Bay.
Mykonos is also very famous for its beaches, most of which have soft sand and clear waters, as well as beach bars and cafés. On the Mykonos beaches of Paradise, Super Paradise, Psarou, Platis Gialos, Agios Stefanos, Panormos and Ornos, you will find sunbathed people relaxing, enjoying water sports and socialising. These are the trendy beaches, where most of the young visitors go. There are also more secluded Mykonos beaches, where you can find a quiet spot to enjoy your swim, such as Elia, Ftelia, Paraga, and Agrari.
How to reach Mykonos:
You can travel to Mykonos Island Greece by ferry boat, high-speed boat or airplane
By ferry boat or high-speed boat from Piraeus Port or Rafina Port Check out www.ferries.gr for on-line tickets.
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414-7800 +30 210 414-7800
- Rafina Port: Tel. +30 22940 22300 +30 22940 22300 or +30 22940 22487 +30 22940 22487
- Lavrio Port: Tel. +30 22920 25249 +30 22920 25249
- Hellenic Seaways Piraeus: Tel. +30 210 419-9000 +30 210 419-9000
- Hellenic Seaways Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26239 +30 22940 26239
- Sea Jet Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26623 +30 22940 26623
By airplane from Athens Airport ‘Eleftherios Venizelos’ and ‘Macedonia’ Thessaloniki Airport:
- Athens Airport ‘Eleftherios Venizelos’: Tel. +30 210 353 – 0000 +30 210 353 - 0000
- Olympic Airways Athens: Tel. +30 966-6666 or 801-11-44444
- Aegean Airways Athens: Tel. +30 626-1000 or 801-11-20000
- ‘ Macedonia’ Thessaloniki Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985 – 000 +30 2310 985 - 000
- Aegean Airways Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 280-050 +30 2310 280-050
From the Villa Konstantin Mykonos Suites, Rooms & Studios, visitors have easy access to the following destinations:
- Mykonos Town: 700 meters (taxi fare: € 7.50)
- Mykonos Airport: 3,5 km (taxi fare: € 15.00-20.00)
- Mykonos Port: 1.500 meters (taxi fare: € 6.50)
- Mykonos Old Port: 700 meters
- Private Health Clinic : 400 meters
- Public Health Clinic : 400 meters
- Supermarket: 250 meters
- Bus Stop: 400 meters
- Gym: 2,5 km
A day trip to Delos
We highly recommend spending a day touring the island of Delos. The tour boat departs early in the morning and the visit lasts about four hours.
You should be back in Mykonos in the early afternoon, just in time for a refreshing swim and lunch. Tickets four tour boats to Delos can be purchased from almost any travel agency in Mykonos.